should i hate myself for being selfish?? S-E-L-F-I-S-H!! or was it a right thing to do?? wat do you think??
I did went for my 1st day on SATURDAY at work in SUNTEC CITY. I arrived 10mins before 9am and waited outside the office. There was also another new girl, Dayah. At 9.10am, my manager came and brought us in. We were introduced to each other and showed to our desk. The view from my room was SUPERB!! i could see the Sky Garden and Bugis!! We were then given time to settle down and do our own things as the manager was busy doing our contract. We were then given an assignment to do. Guess what??!! WE WERE ASKED TO CUT NEWSPAPER CUTTINGS!! Ok. It was fine at first. I didnt mean to complain but like HELL! It was already 11.30am, and we didnt even know our duties yet!
At 12pm, THE BOSS came in. He was busy on the phone till like 12.45pm before briefing us in the meeting room. He briefed us of our duties which was SO DIFFERENT from what he told me during the interview. His reason was that during the interview he had NO TIME to inform! Only then that i found out that my post is NOT THE RECEPTIONIST CUM ADMIN!! It was more like ADMIN COORDINATOR CUM PROPERTY AGENT!! He was blabbering about how the property rentings and sellings will proceed. And when i will come in the picture. I WAS CHEATED! i could say that!! During interview, he mentioned that they had LOTS to do in the office! LOTS TO DO!! But during the briefing, he said that there's not much things to do cause i'll be moving around bringing clients to their viewing!! SEE WAT I MEAN!! He ended the briefing only at 1.30pm!!
On Monday itself, i left! AND THANK GOD THEY UNDERSTOOD! I was so pissed off! Cheated in broad daylight! LOL! But im not giving up my job search. Im concentrating more on LOGISTICS cause I AM DEFINITELY SURE that's the industry i can manage. Most of my past experiences are in the logistics area. I also love customer service BUT it'll be mostly on shifts. So alternatively, logistics will be the next choice.
What do you think? Am i selfish or just doing the right thing??
I did went for my 1st day on SATURDAY at work in SUNTEC CITY. I arrived 10mins before 9am and waited outside the office. There was also another new girl, Dayah. At 9.10am, my manager came and brought us in. We were introduced to each other and showed to our desk. The view from my room was SUPERB!! i could see the Sky Garden and Bugis!! We were then given time to settle down and do our own things as the manager was busy doing our contract. We were then given an assignment to do. Guess what??!! WE WERE ASKED TO CUT NEWSPAPER CUTTINGS!! Ok. It was fine at first. I didnt mean to complain but like HELL! It was already 11.30am, and we didnt even know our duties yet!
At 12pm, THE BOSS came in. He was busy on the phone till like 12.45pm before briefing us in the meeting room. He briefed us of our duties which was SO DIFFERENT from what he told me during the interview. His reason was that during the interview he had NO TIME to inform! Only then that i found out that my post is NOT THE RECEPTIONIST CUM ADMIN!! It was more like ADMIN COORDINATOR CUM PROPERTY AGENT!! He was blabbering about how the property rentings and sellings will proceed. And when i will come in the picture. I WAS CHEATED! i could say that!! During interview, he mentioned that they had LOTS to do in the office! LOTS TO DO!! But during the briefing, he said that there's not much things to do cause i'll be moving around bringing clients to their viewing!! SEE WAT I MEAN!! He ended the briefing only at 1.30pm!!
On Monday itself, i left! AND THANK GOD THEY UNDERSTOOD! I was so pissed off! Cheated in broad daylight! LOL! But im not giving up my job search. Im concentrating more on LOGISTICS cause I AM DEFINITELY SURE that's the industry i can manage. Most of my past experiences are in the logistics area. I also love customer service BUT it'll be mostly on shifts. So alternatively, logistics will be the next choice.
What do you think? Am i selfish or just doing the right thing??
No comments:
Post a Comment