Friday, October 11, 2013

Growing up. PART ONE

Oh gosh. How time flies. My youngest child, is going to Primary School next year. Which is like....3 months away! Both my kids are BIG boys! OMGee! Well, however big they are, they'll always be babies to me. No doubt about it.

Preps for the kids are underway. Hmmm.....Mental preps still in progress for Adik though. The past few days, we've been telling him about the new school, what he can and cannot do in the new school. Yadah yadah....And his current school has been putting in quite an effort to make the students feel at ease with this transition. They've been to the nearest school to get the students orientated and familiarize themselves with what it feels like to be in a "school".

I wonder how Adik will cope. With new friends, new teachers, and a totally new environment. I am pretty sure he'll be a crybaby on the first day of school. Mother's instincts. Oh, and i'll be the panic mum too. It's going to be a different experience for me. You know why? Cause Abang was so easy breezy during his P1 transition!

I'm worried about Adik. He still has trouble wearing his own uniform, wearing his own shoes and still has trouble writing too. I admit that I've been pampering him way too much. But i believe, each child has their own uniqueness. I'm going to make sure that Adik will be independent too when he's in Primary School. Training. That's the best I can do from now on. Too late you say?? It's never too late for anything. And I hope Abang will guide his brother.

Part One
Student Care - Before School Care Between 7am-12noon

Since I'll still be working (SAHM dream won't be able to be fulfilled yet), there's no one to look after the boys before they head off to school. No one's around to send them to school and provide their breakfast too. All this while, we've thought about hiring a helper. But i guess, sending them to the student care centre is more reliable. If it was my MIL's ex-helper, i'd be glad to hire her immediately.

After much surveying of student care centres around the neighbourhood, we've decided to enrol both kids to a student care centre slightly further away from home and school. Transport to school will need to be arranged soon. However, Halal food is provided, Iqra' and Solat enrichment classes are included in their daily programme too. That's the main purpose.

Next up, Adik's P1 Orientation and of cause the much awaited Adik's Graduation! Stay tuned!

No comments: